Breast Cancer Research Centre -WA
We are a registered charity and research centre with a vision to establish a state of the art, fully integrated breast cancer centre right here in Western Australia by 2019. The centre will offer first class treatment and comprehensive support services available to women and men and their families/support people, all available and accessible in the one location.
We are Australia’s busiest breast cancer research unit based here right in Perth and includes the wonderful Professor Arlene Chan, an inductee into the Woman’s Hall of Fame in 2017 and awarded winner of the Professions Division of the Western Australian of the Year in 2016 for her work in breast cancer research.
• The Breast Cancer Research Centre WA has conducted over 80 international, national and local breast cancer trials involving over 1000 WA patients since 2000
• 12 of our trials have led to enhancement in breast cancer treatment worldwide
• We remain at the forefront of research and treatment, and allow our patients access to new and improved regimes. We are a clinician driven organisation and our research is directly translatable where there is the potential for quick and significant impact on patient outcomes.
• BCRC-WA prides itself on being a highly accountable and efficient organisation.
• As a clinician-driven organisation we are best placed to understand what patients’ needs are, and consequently to assess the most effective research and treatment provision.
• We will always operate lean and mean, and fair well against other charities, as BCRC-WA has an exemplary record of minimal bureaucracy, and all donations are well spent in improving treatment and survival rates for breast cancer patients.
• All donations are treated as precious, and go towards making a significant difference to the breast cancer patient journey.
• We aim to further improve on this by providing a full suite of support services, and therefore a one-stop shop for our patients as we move towards our new centre in 2019.