My name is Todd Cleave and I design and create resin home wares and jewellery.
Originally from Christchurch, New Zealand, I am now based in Bridgetown, Western Australia. Half of each year I spend in Broome, where you can find me at the Courthouse Markets each weekend in the dry season.
When I was younger I was not feeling fulfilled in my trade as a printer, that's when I realized I was longing for a creative outlet. After exploring different crafts like making silver jewellery, resin became my choice of medium, and today I feel that my pieces have evolved into the creations envisioned in my head from the beginning. The points that I wanted to achieve are:
1) Organic look
2) Tactile feel
3) Washed up sea glass look
4) Functional Art
The whole process of creating each piece is done by myself. I first design and make a prototype, with which I then make a mold. Then the resin jewellery and bowls and vases can be created. I pour the resin into the mold and this is the most exciting part, as the play with the colours leads to quite unpredictable outcomes. At last the resin products are sanded and polished.
I offer my resin products at various markets, festivals and galleries mainly in Western Australia. Some of these are the Bridgetown Blues Festival, Nannup Music Festival, Fairbridge Folk Festival and the Broome markets in winter.
You can also find a range of Pancake Designs resin homewares and resin jewellery in the following shops and galleries:
* Margaret River Gallery, shop 4, 1 Charles West Avenue, Margaret River
* Mu Kau Giftware & Gallery, Unit 2/69 Bussell Highway, Cowaramup WA 6284
* Boranup Gallery, RMB 329, Forest Grove, Boranup, 6286 WA
* Bay Furniture, 55 Dunn Bay Road, Dunsborough
* Collie Art Gallery, 134 Throssell St, Collie WA 6225
* Courthouse Gallery Busselton, 4 - 7 Queen Street, Busselton
* A Taste of Nannup, 16 Warren Rd, Nannup WA 6275
* The Loft, 139A Hampton St, Bridgetown 6255 WA
* Mountford Winery, Gallery & Cidery, Bamess Rd, Pemberton WA 6260
* Riverfront Gallery, 8a Hollings Rd, Denmark WA 6333
* La Lucca, Shop 6, Old Theatre Lane, 50 Bayview Terrace, Claremont WA 6010.
* Pantoufle, Shop 13, Crossways Shopping Centre, 184 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, WA, 6008
* Artopia Gallery, Shp 3/ 10 Banksia St, Kununurra, 6743 WA
* Rainsong Broome, 10 Short St, Broome WA 6725
* Kooljaman Cape Leveque Broome
* Milkfactory Gallery, 33 Station Street (rear), Bowral, NSW 2576
* The Hermitage, 843 Old South Road, Mittagong NSW 2575
Twilight at Yagan Square - March Edition22nd March 2019 at Yagan Square
February 24th 2019: Applecross24th February 2019 at Heathcote Cultural Precinct
April 2017 Market2nd April 2017 at Heathcote Cultural Precinct
February 2017 Market19th February 2017 at Heathcote Cultural Precinct
Christmas 2016 Market11th December 2016 at Elizabeth Quay